Anadarko was built by entrepreneurs and our employees maintain that strong entrepreneurial spirit and vision in all they do. We empower our employees to make decisions and act responsibly in fulfilling our corporate mission, and we encourage our employees to collaborate and share knowledge about their day-to-day successes and challenges to gain efficiencies, consistency and development of best practices across the organization.
To that end, we have an executive-sponsored Corporate Responsibility Committee that assesses options for compiling and disseminating information within our Corporate Responsibility framework, working in tandem with the following more specifically-focused groups:
Executive-Sponsored Enterprise Risk Management Committee
This Committee directs Anadarko’s Enterprise Risk Management process to identify, assess, report and monitor enterprise risks to the Company. This Committee ensures ongoing risk identification, quantification, reporting, mitigation and monitoring.
Executive-Sponsored GHG and Air Quality Committee
This Committee consists of officers and employees representing various disciplines including environmental, legal, operations, oil and natural gas marketing, financial, corporate planning and communications. This Committee monitors GHG and air-quality science along with Anadarko’s measures to quantify and reduce emissions. In addition to assessing applicable forthcoming and current laws and regulations, this Committee addresses stakeholder inquiries associated with GHG emissions and air quality. Committee goals include:
- Recommend operational, risk evaluation and advocacy actions
- Oversee development and implementation of a GHG Management Plan to address emissions
- Oversee development and implementation of protocols to identify GHG reductions and calculate baseline corporate-wide operated facility emissions, annually thereafter
- Make recommendations to maximize commercial value of GHG emissions reductions
Executive-Sponsored Hydraulic Fracturing Committee
This Committee, which reports to the Governance and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors, consists of officers and employees representing various disciplines including operations, environmental, regulatory, legal, supply chain, marketing, financial, corporate planning and communications. This Committee assists management with recommendations on the use of hydraulic fracturing fluid formulations and disclosure by third-party vendors. Committee goals include:
- Assist management with recommending actions regarding the use of hydraulic fracturing fluid formulations
- Assist management with the review of the hydraulic fracturing fluid formulations disclosed by third-party vendors
- Assist management by promoting the use of fluid formulations that present a more environmentally benign profile to accomplish the company’s hydraulic fracturing operational objectives
- Assist management with compliance with the FracFocus public disclosure registry
Strategic Water Group
Consisting of representatives from environmental, operations, communications, facilities, regulatory, government relations, and legal, this group is focused on water strategy development pertaining to data management, prudent use, technology development, advocacy and communication. This group reports to the Governance and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.